Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog day

I thought I would take advantage of groundhog day to teach the kids about how shadows are made.. So after we finished talking about groundhogs (the kids thought it was hilarious to know groundhogs wake up 2 - 3 times a winter to use the potty) we discussed shadows and I presented this game to the kids.. Shadow matching

I found this game through http://www.kidscanhavefun.com

I love that each animal has it's letter with it to teach letter sounds.. I also used that to incorporate a self checker.. The back of each shadow has the letter of it's animal on the back

Now to just hope spring comes early!
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment